Visio & Data Modeling
Visio, can be used to design complex ER diagrams and it comes in three different editions (i.e) Visio Standard 2003, Visio Professional 2003, and Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect. These editions have different commands associated with data modeling and for differences and features between these editions, please visit www.microsoft.com.
Visio & Data Models
- Create a database model or ER diagram from scratch.
- Import a database or ER model from another modeling diagram.
- Import Erwin ERX file.
- Import Visio Modeler .IMQ file.
- Create a database model or ER diagram: You can create tables, columns, foreign key relationships, data types, indexes, views, extended properties for tables, views, check clauses, stored procedures and triggers.
- Reverse engineer an existing database: By using already installed Visio drivers, you can connect to IBM DB2 Universal Database, Informix, Online/SE Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, ODBC Generic Driver, Oracle Server, Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise etc.
- Forward engineer an existing database.